Translate

Sunday 5 February 2017

Sorting out the Sabb's waterworks

When the Sabb was fitted I was told to connect the engine coolant and calorifier to the existing raw water. The problem with doing this is that I wouldn't be able to use antifreeze, then, if the weather turned freezing, I would have to drain the system and on refilling get all the air out.
Freyja still had her old skin tanks, so I cleaned them out and will try her out using a sealed system.
I could have connected it up quite quickly using rubber piping, but decided to used mostly 22mm with a little 28mm and a few 15mm adapters, all in soldered copper with only short vibration damping lengths of rubber pipe on each run. This meant that I could route all the pipes away from the bits of the bilge that I wanted clear so that I can climb in easily when I need to work on the engine. It also looks nice when polished!

No comments:

Post a Comment