Tuesday, 8 November 2016

Making the boat fit the engine.

The solution to our engine problem was to extend the bulkhead into the cabin in such a way that it would clear the rear of the cabin steps. It would also incorporate a large access hatch.
First cut a big hole...
Next check the bit I cut out against the Sabb.
I then made a cardboard template

I designed it to follow the line of the cabin steps.
Bruce then made it in steel.
Welded into place.
A drop of paint makes all the difference.
Good access is now possible from the cabin.
The extension makes it easy to change the alternator belts.
Such a tight fit that the coupling is almost touching the stern gland!
Home, sweet home! ;o)