Translate

Thursday 22 September 2016

Improvements to our horn.

As some of you may remember, I bought an ex-New Jersey fire station horn online, from a Welsh speaking Turk!
It had a brass trumpet that had been painted black, I had one heck of a job to get that black paint off so that I could polish the brass.
I finally managed to remove the paint, but when I re-assembled it, it sounded pathetic!
I had a modern Arghoohah horn with a red plastic trumpet that had languished on a shelf for yonks, could it be a match made in heaven?
A few 'adjustments' to the mounting holes and I managed to graft the brass trumpet onto the modern workings of the new horn. On a few outings out on the river, the horn worked very well, scaring the life out of Glenda and her friends, even when I'd warned them!
But, it looked naff! I hatched a plan to hide the modern bit in a military brass shell case. Martin, our neighbour found one for me at a steam fair.

Our former fire station horn trumpet married to a modified military shell casing.
Once polished, it'll look the puppy's pebbles!




No comments:

Post a Comment