Translate

Friday 26 August 2016

Lifting our engine and gearbox

Mark Hanson from Nene Marine said he knew someone who was looking for an engine and gearbox, could they come and see our AMC 1.8 (marinised BMC 1.8)?
Robin & Matt came down to see it, hear it running and to have a little run out on the river. They were pleased with it and agreed to buy it. 
Marina owner Clive lifted the engine and gearbox out with the Matbro, Barry the marina manager keeps an eye on things.
With the engine out, Robin and Matt asked if I could get the spares that I'd promised to give them. We had moved the boat to a spot that gave better access to the Matbro, so it was that I had to jump to get back on the boat...I picked up a box of spares in one hand and a new alternator belt in the other, jumped off...landed on a loose bit of hardcore, wobbled, tried to grab for anything on the bank, then there was that 'Oh, Oh, here we go again' moment and them sploosh! I stopped the spares from floating off, and hauled myself out. When I splosh, splosh, sploshed back to the others, dripping muddy water, the others howled with laughter and started taken photos. Luckily, after my last impromtu dunking I replaced my ruined mobile phone with a waterproof one so no harm done, and I'd left everything but my phone and some keys on the boat. Everyone makes fun when we wear our lifejackets, and the one time I'm not wearing it, I fall in! Typical! Did save having to renew the cartridge though!

No comments:

Post a Comment