Translate

Saturday 29 August 2015

Chop takes a leap.........and Splosh!

We took a trip down to the Friends of the river Nene's Woodford mooring with John & Rita tuck of NB Izzyinn II.
There was already a narrowboat moored there and we needed to get in close enough to crane off the petrol lawnmower, i got the bow in close enough for Glenda to jump off, then tried to get the stern in closer and jumped.....then slid down the bank and SPLOSH! In I went, along with my 2 week old Motorola G2 phone. luckily, not deep enough to trigger my lifejacket. As I slid, I got covered in stinging nettles. my shoes were firmly in the mud and I was in danger of pulling Glenda in, so I drove a mooring pin into the bank and managed to haul myself out with Glenda's help. I found out that the phone was ruined :o( and on checking online for a new one I found out the Motorola had, a few days earlier, released a new waterproof version! The G3, which I now own ;o)
We tidied up the mooring and headed down to Denford where we had a barbeque, and the girls quaffed to bottles of bubbly, then up to The Cock in Denford where there was a good band playing and another barbeque, which we also tucked into! A bit later Glyn said they'd finished barbequing and everything left was up for grabs, donations to charity, so we scoffed a third lot. then back to the boats where John and I sat around the pit fire with a nice whisky.

No comments:

Post a Comment