Translate

Tuesday 2 June 2015

A nice week with welcome visitors

It was widdling down as we ate our breakfast, then came a knock on the roof, Sue from narrowboat No Problem, had called over with the girls (their dogs) she stopped for a coffee and a chinwag.
They were heading back down the Nene for London.
Then a few days later I got a facebook message from some friends but as I was not expecting them on the Nene I didn't twig who it was at first. It was our friend Mitch Adam's parents Tony and Janet in narrowboat Aylmer
I was listening for the telltale squeak of the Upper Ringstead lock guillotine, I was sawing and routing our new cratchboards when I heard the squeak, I jumped on my delivery bike and was amazed to see no boat in the lock, I turned to see a tiller vanish downstream. Bugger! missed them!
I rode back to the marina in case they had called in, no sign, so I rode to Lower Ringstead lock, no sign, weird!
Just then they appeared and I helped them into the lock.
Tony steers Aylmer towards Ringstead Lower lock landing

Tony & Janet came with me for a quick visit to the excellent  Woodford Mill Tearooms
Their son Mitch ran the award-winning Thatcher's Arms in Mount Bures, Essex with Tony and Janet before they sold up and Mitch took over The Bull in Highgate, London

No comments:

Post a Comment