Translate

Sunday 29 March 2015

Freyja has a new green oak framed tugdeck.

After removing all of the rotten softwood frame and soggy rockwool type insulation, I set to making a green oak frame which I then insulated it using ecotherm insulation, a big headache was re-routing the pipes to the cabin ventilation. Next I added a pair of doors which close behind the bed and panelled it all in marine and hardwood faced ply.
The first three main green oak members, metal supports were added to the rear and across the centre. I've fitted one of the two doors that close behind the bed and the cabin ventilation pipes now go straight towards the bow, instead of bending up to exit through the tugdeck floor.
The cross-members, forward bulkhead and insulation being fitted. It was very labour intensive, as everytime I wanted to adjust one of the many interlocking parts, I had to remove everything. I must have done that hundred's of times!The lower section in the bulkhead is ready for a sloping section to be fitted to allow my bike to sit, tilted down, in the bow.
One day, someone may find this little scribbling ;o)
The sloping cut-out which allows my old B.S.A. tofit down into the tugdeck, allowing the wide handlebars to clear the tarpaulins.
I've re-fitted the old floorboards for the time being, I'll fit the nice new oak boards when the weather improves. I will also make up a panel that will fit into the cut-out so that we'll get our tugdeck back when we are not carrying the B.S.A.


No comments:

Post a Comment